Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Virginian In Exile Sends Support to Flaggers In the Commonwealth

Letter from I-95 Flag Supporter:

"To the heroic Virginia Flaggers,


I would like to extend my deepest gratitude to your for every effort you make on behalf our heritage and people. Every few days I see something new about your work and your courage. As a fellow Virginian, my heart aches to be with you. The time is drawing near when I shall return to our beloved Commonwealth, and at that time I hope to be able to aid you with my own volunteer service. Until then, please accept this cheque in the spirit that it is given: the deepest love for our beautiful Virginia and the bond of brotherhood which unites us. I only regret that I cannot presently send more.

May God bless and protect each an every one of you. You are all in my heart and prayers."

Douglas B.
MN





Photo, Library of Congress : Unidentified soldier in Confederate uniform of Co. E, "Lynchburg Rifles," 11th Virginia Infantry Volunteers holding 1841 "Mississippi" rifle, Sheffield-type Bowie knife, canteen, box knapsack, blanket roll, and cartridge box

No comments: