Friday, October 21, 2016

Victory in Memphis! City Council Request to Move Confederate Statue DENIED! Forrest Rides Again!

Shared From the Memphis Brigade, Sons of Confederate Veterans Facebook Page:

Forrest Rides Again!

The request for a waiver to the Tennessee Heritage Preservation Act of 2015 in order to remove the Forrest statue HAS BEEN DENIED!


God has blessed our Heritage Warriors with a great Victory!




Memphis City Council's request to move the monument has been DENIED.  Congratulations to the Memphis Brigade, Sons of Confederate Veterans, and all those who helped win this battle.  Those in attendance said the discussion was brief and the decision came quickly.

The war against our heritage is not over, by any means, but this victory, and scores of others like it across the country are serving to inspire others to rise up and join our ranks, and will serve to further discourage municipalities from even considering similar actions, knowing the attempt will to lead to further division among citizenry, countless wasted hours and resources, and taxpayer money tossed away in unnecessary and expensive legal fees.

“Never stand and take a charge… charge them too.” Nathan Bedford Forrest

2 comments:

Connie said...

#winning!

Steve Gambone said...

Of course the PC media is already spinning this victory with their usual anti-Confederate, anti-Forrest, rewriting of history nonsense. Here's a useful newspaper quote from a black Confederate Veteran that spreads a little truth.

“Aged Colored Confederate Conspicuous”
Earl Jerdon, 101 years old, with hair as white as flowering cotton, bent and brown as a rusty nail, who walks with the aid of a staff, who has no teeth in mouth, and who attended every Confederate veteran reunion since the close of the civil war, is one of the aged visitors who have arrived for the four days celebration.

Talks about Self
"I was a servant for Dr. C. W. Jerdon back in Huntsville, Mississippi," said the withered relic of the days of slavery as he broke off pieces of ham and bread at the mess tent, opposite the Katy depot Monday afternoon.

"Yeah, I got my name from his'n. That's what we all did in them days. Well this is how it was. General Nathan Bedford Forrest sent out a call for 15,000 Negro soldiers. The doctor came to me and asked me if I wanted to go. I said sure, and enlisted that day. No, he didn't say that I had to go. He treated all of us fine. I started training under General Beauregard and before I had been training four days I was made a member of the General's bodyguard. I went through the whole war and never received a scratch.”

"Were you a servant?", he was asked.

"Yeh, I served with a gun and two pistols," he said and twisted his face into a
ghost of a grin. A grin without teeth but with plenty of spark and humor.

"...I have been at every reunion. This is what I say. As long as I can walk and talk and get around at all I will go to the reunions. I must go and see them all again. But they're agoin'. There won't be so many this time. They get killed and die....They say there's a war agoin' on now.
It ain't any war. It ain't any war like ours. Why, in our war the bullets sounded
like a windstorm whistling through the willows. It was a real war. There won't ever be a war like that 'un, I know-- cause there can't."

Earl Jerdon as reported in TULSA STAR 1918